Empower Rewire Inspire Breakthrough
Are you ready to take control of your life? Are you looking for something fast and effective to help you overcome stress, pain, anxiety or trauma? If so, Somatic Breath Therapy delivers proven results in recovering from the trials of being human.
What is Somatic Breath Therapy?
We’re all born knowing how to breathe, but our frenzied lives can lead to constricted breathing making us feel as if we’re running on fumes, not fresh air that allows us to thrive. Somatic Breath Therapy is a highly sophisticated form of conscious breathing that teaches you how to breathe fully, getting more oxygen to your brain and body, helping you to:
- take back control of your life
- recharge your energy to have more passion for what really matters
- reduce stress, anxiety, pain and panic
- focus your attention
- relax and sleep better
- recover from PTSD and trauma
- become more aware of your body, thoughts and feelings and feel better in your own skin
- worry less, feel more peaceful and connected
- integrate leftover “stuff” from your past that stops you from being present
It also helps you step back from emotional reactions and access the intelligence of your own body-mind, and establish new patterns and responses in your life. Somatic Breath Therapy consciously utilizes one of the simplest and yet most efficient, balancing and integrative mechanisms of the body, the human respiratory system. Everyone breathes. Once you learn this tool you have it for life, and you never forget how to use it.
Somatic Breath Therapy is direct, experiential, easy to learn, immediately felt and successful with anyone who has conscious volition over their own breath. It augments, enhances and works beautifully with almost every other therapeutic tool, modality or technique. Read more about Somatic Breath Therapy.
QUICK LINKS to upcoming programs:
- Book a Session
- Info/Register for a Live evening or day-long Introductory Workshop
Next evening workshop March 24
- Register For a Live Introductory Workshop for Professionals
- Learn About Personal or Professional Trainings
About Our Company
The Power of Breath Institute founded and directed by Jeremy Youst offers Somatic Breath Therapy, practical skills to individuals who want to incorporate conscious breathing into their lives to overcome what gets in the way of living fully and freely.
We offer private sessions, personal intensives, evening, or weekend workshops both live and virtually. Our recently updated professional track is aimed at mental health clinicians, massage therapists, alternative practitioners, etc. who want to incorporate breath and somatic therapy into their work. This can be done through live or virtual classes, workshops, or through our our 2-year certification training program.
Frequently Asked Questions
Over seven years, POBI has certified over 35 practitioners. Jeremy as trained in various methods of breathwork, from Rebirthing, to Transformational Breath, Holotropic, and the Butekyo method. Somatic Breath Therapy has evolved from the most efficacious aspects of Rebirthing breathwork, Transformational Breathwork, and Therapeutic Breathwork.
POBI’s profound commitment to a walk the talk therapeutic approach and healthy embodiment has made it not only successful in accompanying thousands of individuals on their healing journeys, but also has state-of-the-art curriculum for breathwork practitioners. Our style of training and empowerment is dedicated to a small group process and integration work utilizing a heart – centered approach. Our trainers have extensive knowledge of the art and science of breathwork from stress release to trauma therapy to non-ordinary states of consciousness including the latest breakthroughs in science and consciousness research. We emphasize the importance of continuing education, and a personal commitment to self and professional development. We affirm the importance of spirituality as a key aspect of how people give meaning and purpose to their lives and integrate challenges.
SBT can be done individually with a trained practitioner, in groups, or on your own once you learn the skill. It can be learned over the course of several sessions, or in a group class. Once learned, like riding a bike, it’s never forgotten by the body, brain and mind.
2. SBT builds on the power of Mindfulness as a beneficial tool for self regulation and self-improvement.
3. SBT can be delivered using touch, or not, depending on the client, provider and situation. SBT doesn’t use a one-size-fits-all approach.
4. We support our clients in re-engaging with their body’s stories in a safe, consciously-interactive, emotionally-supportive and energetically-integrative environment. We work through facilitated breathing sessions, each session customized by an experienced practitioner. We believe that healing does not necessarily require the client to re-experience any trauma.
5. Our practitioners ‘walk the talk’ beginning with their own breath. We breathe – they breathe: we teach our practitioners to synchronize their body awareness with their clients’ by breathing with them during key moments in the session. This allows them to enter into a emotionally and somatically attuned relationship.
6. Above all else, we embrace and collaborate with the presence of a “third thing”, which we call Body Breathing Interactive Intelligence (sometimes referred to as Spirit of Breath) as an integral aspect that guides the maximum healing benefit.
7. We make an important distinction between authentic emotional release, which can produce lasting healing, and dramatic expression which only offers a temporary reduction of emotional intensity. We train our practitioners to know the difference.
8. SBT addresses both the clients’ state of consciousness – the ‘aha’s or insights or understandings that are triggered by therapeutic or growth inducing experiences – and the clients stage of development represented by the actual markers of development we all grow through. For example, once a child learns to walk, it can always walk. Once you reach a stage of development, you can always access the qualities of that stage. We believe the key to sustained healing and transformation comes from addressing both a person’s state of consciousness and their stage of development.
9. SBT addresses therapeutic concerns such as re-traumatization, transference, countertransference, ethical practice standards, referral, and establishing a safe and empathic therapeutic container.
Click here to read the full report on the core principles of Somatic Breath Therapy.
Programs Offered by Power of Breath Institute
Open to all, this can be a stand alone program or the first year of Practitioner Training. Now taking applications for our April 2015 programLearn More
Practitioner Certification Training (PCT)
Train to become a certified, Somatic Breath Therapy Practitioner. Next Program starts March 2015Learn More
Private Sessions or Personal Intensives
A private session or mini-workshop (live or via Skype) with Jeremy Youst – to experience Somatic Breath Therapy, or deepen your personal work.Learn More
Advanced Practitioner Training
Continuing education retreats for all practicing breathworkers – Next Session, August 8-9, 2015Learn More
Start on Your Path to Healthy Breathing
Download our free special report:
Plus get a bonus video exercise called: The Reset Breath
Connect With Us on Social Media
Words of Praise for Somatic Breath Therapy
Read more Client Praise