Co-Founder and Director, Jeremy Youst
Jeremy is a certified Somatic Breath Therapy practitioner and the founder/director of the internationally accredited Power of Breath Institute in Spofford NH. Jeremy is passionate about bringing 21st century therapeutic breathwork, which is integrally informed and grounded in science to the world.
He’s logged in over 6000 (2 hour) client sessions and has been skillfully facilitating empowerment for individuals and groups for over thirty years. Since 1989 Jeremy has trained in various methods of breathwork, from Rebirthing, to Transformational Breath, Holotropic, and the Butekyo method. In developing Somatic Breath Therapy, Jeremy has brought together the most effective and clinically sound aspects of the major schools of connected breathing techniques. The Power of Breath Institute specializes in delivering Somatic Breath Therapy training to individuals and professionals who wish to become certified through its 2-3 year training program.
Jeremy’s profound commitment to a ‘walk the talk’ therapeutic approach and healthy embodiment has made him not only successful in accompanying thousands of individuals on their healing journeys, but also has helped him craft a state-of-the-art curriculum for practitioners. Jeremy’s style of training and empowerment is dedicated to a heart – centered approach. Jeremy has extensively advanced his knowledge of the art and science of the full spectrum of breathwork (from stress release to non-ordinary states of consciousness) through research, continuing education, and a personal commitment to self-development.
Jeremy’s life-long interest, intensive study and commitment to nature-based spirituality and Native Studies enables him to incorporate powerful teachings, experiential ceremonies along with the Spirit of Breath into his work.
Jeremy’s interest in human development began with a degree in psychology, and the study of Re-evaluation Counseling in 1979. In 1998 he received his Facilitator Certification from the Transformational Breath Foundation. In 2004, Jeremy became a member of the International Breathwork Foundation and served as National Coordinator for U. S. breathwork community. In 2005 he became a board member of the Global Professional Breathwork Alliance, an organization dedicated to establishing the ethical and professional standards for breathwork around the world.
In addition to a full workshop and training schedule, Jeremy currently maintains a private practice in Spofford, NH. He enjoys nurturing his family and community and in his spare time can be found either in his yard carving pipestone or being in nature.
Helaine is the business manager for POBI and also owns Path of Purpose Coaching, a life and business coaching company. She loves helping small business owners succeed financially with their vision, passion and values intact.
Somatic Breath Coach Co-Trainer
Hunter Flournoy is an GPBA certified Therapeutic Breathwork Practitioner and an assistant trainer at the POBI (currently assisting the 2014 Practitioner Certification training). Hunter has dedicated his life to empowering people in living their souls’ deepest, most authentic truths with all their hearts, minds, and bodies. He is the cofounder of Amigos de Dios, a fellowship of Christian mystics, and works as a freedom coach, shamanic healer, breathworker, and licensed psychotherapist. He has devoted his life to learning from elders, teachers, and healers in the indigenous traditions of curranderismo, the Toltec tradition, the Mayan fire ceremony, the Lakota pipeway and inipi, and the mystical traditions of Buddhism, Judaism, Sufism, and Eastern Christianity. In his own words, “The Spirit of Life, embodied in our breath, flows through the heart of all the world’s spiritual traditions. Our breath is the clearest guide, the most powerful and compassionate teacher, and the most wonderful healer we will ever know.” Hunter has led workshops and ceremonies at conferences and retreats around the world for more than twenty years. To learn more about Hunter’s work, visit him at hunterflournoy.com
Certified Power Of Breath Practitioners:
(click on the practitioner’s name for information about them)
- David Allen – Baltimore, Maryland – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elizabeth Allen – Westminster West, Vermont – email@example.com
- Antonio Aversano -Amherst, Massachusetts – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Bruillard – Boston, Massachusetts – email@example.com
- Jamie Crockett – Durham, North Carolina – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Becca Demers – Portland, Maine – email@example.com
- Carl Doebler – Boston, Massachusetts – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bobbie Ellis – Statesville, NC – email@example.com
- Hunter Flournoy – Asheville, NC- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Leslie Kelly – Brattleboro, Vermont – email@example.com
- Ron King – Cathedral City, California – firstname.lastname@example.org
- David Miller – Alstead, New Hampshire – email@example.com
- Tricia Miller – Alstead, New Hampshire – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaiilama Morris – Newfane, Vermont – email@example.com
- Mary Narbutavicius – Tyngsboro, Massachusetts – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mary Naylor – Ballina, Ireland – email@example.com
- Tania Neuschafer Zuckerman – Portland, Maine – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tara Nieves – Hingham, Massachusetts – email@example.com
- Phil Payson – Freeport, Maine –firstname.lastname@example.org
- Bob Pileggi – Plymouth Meeting, Pennsylvania – email@example.com
- Paul Russo – Durham, Maine – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pam Sayre – Nashua New Hampshire – email@example.com
- Linda Seekins – S. China, Maine – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lisa Silverman – Portland, Maine – email@example.com
- Anna Maria Tocci – Westbrook, Maine – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rachael Walter – Keene, NH email@example.com
- Wendy Walter – Brookline, NH – firstname.lastname@example.org